Brand and Model: Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2BWRN (right hinge)/Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2SSLN (left hinge) dual-zone wine fridge.
Installation Type: Free-standing or built-in wine cooler.
Dimension: 71.5″ H x 23.5″ W x 27″D
- Exclusive Tru-Vino Technology allows for near zero temperature fluctuation, preserving and protecting your...
- Tru-Vino technology dramatically reduces variations in humidity levels, providing the ideal environment to...
- Digital control panel allows you to precisely set the internal temperature between 41-61 F in the upper zone...
- Trademarked FlexCount shelving design gives you flexible storage options for up to 172 bottles of wine
Capacity and design: This sleek-and-sophisticated looking Allavino VSWR172-2BWRN can accommodate 172 bottles in a dual-zone compressor-based system. When you have a wine collection of 150+ bottles, you are likely a wine enthusiast with diverse vintage collection.
This Allavino model has 14 shelves – twelve shelves that accommodate up to eleven bottles each and two shelves that can house twenty bottles each.
If elegant black is your preferred color choice for wine cooler, you would love this Allavino’s black cabinet with matching black-framed glass door and all-black interior.
The Allavino VSWR172-2BWRN (right hinge) or Allavino VSWR172-2BWLN (left hinge) has a front-venting design that works well as a built-in to your cabinetry or as stylish free-standing unit.
Dual temperature zones: The Allavino 172-bottle wine refrigerator features two cooling sections – one in the upper zone, the other on the lower zone.
The upper zone can be set between 40°-55° F.
The lower zone can be set between 55°-65°F.
Note: the lower zone must be set at least 4 degree higher than the upper zone.
Control panel: The temperature control panel is intuitive in design. You can easily manage the temperature settings by pressing the up and down arrow signs in each cooling zones.
Interior lighting: This model features cool blue LED interior lighting that you can turn on or off. The soft lighting provides beautiful ambience and helps to show case your collections.
Flexible shelving: We like Allavino’s FlexCount shelving design series, including this 172-bottles, the 56-bottles and the 36-bottles models.
The racks are sturdy metal with wood slates. The metal shelves support the weight of bulk bottles without sagging. The wood slates help to reduce vibration.
This Flexcount design is innovative. The shelves are thin and flexible to accommodate larger diameter bottles without sacrificing overall storage capacity.
The racks are on ball-bearing tracks. These shelves glide in and out easily providing easy access to your collection.
Security lock: The Allavino VSWR172-2BWRN has a lock at the bottom of the door. A good feature to prevent unwanted guests from accessing your vintage collection.
Summary: The Allavino VSWR172-2BWRN 172-bottle (right hinge)(View on Amazon) or the The Allavino VSWR172-2SSLN (left hinge)(View on Amazon) is our top pick for 172-bottle capacity wine fridge.
- Innovative shelving design and intuitive control panel.
- The separate two zones (upper and lower) areas provide the options of storing both red and white wines in the same unit.
- The flexible shelving accommodates larger diameter bottles without sacrificing overall storage capacity. We also like the configuration of having twelve shelves that can accommodate up to eleven bottles each and two shelves for twenty bottles.
- This wine cooler uses fan-forced cooling system; it is about 25% more energy efficient than most in its class.
- The door is not reversible – you decide which door swing direction you want, then order either the right-hinge or left-hinge model accordingly.
This Allavino wine cooler is a sophisticated and sleek looking wine cooler to store and display a diverse wine collection of 172 bottles.
If you would like to check out other top Allavino wine fridges, read our in-depth review on the Allavino brand featuring their top-rated wine coolers.