We are a group of avid wine enthusiasts just like you. We’ve been enjoying wine – from vineyard to glass, and collecting vintages for future enjoyment for years. Among our team members, we have travelled to vineyards throughout France, Italy, the west coast in US, and down under in Australia. We launched “Top 10 Wine Coolers” to:
- Share our knowledge on grape variety, principals of tasting, and wine pairing to enjoy your wine.
- Help fellow wine enthusiasts have access to the many cellaring options – to properly store your wine at home.
- Shop by: capacity – installation type – brand
- Share our wine tips to help you to elevate your vino experience, and find beautiful gift ideas for fellow wine lovers.
Information to enhance your enjoyment of wine
Information on wine cellaring options:
Choosing the best wine fridge is about finding the best cellaring options to meet your specific requirements.
Whether you need help to learn about wine cooler sizes, or available installation types or how to choose a wine cooler, we have information you need to know – to make a knowledgeable choice for yourself.
Wine Cooler Buying Guide
If you want to learn more about the design and components of a wine fridge, we have put together an easy and approachable guide to help you with your buying decision.
Read our wine fridge buying guide to understand what installation types, cooling zones, must-have functions, nice-to-have features, styles and budget to look for when choosing a wine cooler.
Shop by Capacity
If you are ready to shop, and you know your wine collection size (how many bottles), please browse our recommended list by capacity:
Shop by Installation Type
Don’t make mistakes by buying the wrong installation type for your designated space. Get the right design-type for your kitchen island, home bar or any room in your house.
Shop by Brand
Here are our top-rated wine coolers on the market right now:
It is very difficult to pick just 10 models from our featured 100+ wine fridges among our best brands on the market today. Our selection here is based primarily on our best sellers. This top-rated list is sorted by capacities, types and budget.
1. EdgeStar 332 Bottle Side-by-Side Wine Cellar
Brand and Capacity: EdgeStar CWR1661SZDUAL 332 Bottle Side-by-Side Wine Cellar
Type: Free-standing or built-in.
Dimension: (per unit) 69.5″ H x 23 7/16″ W x 26.75″ D, or 69.5″ H x 46.875″ W x 26.75″ D for the double unit described here.
Summary: The EdgeStar 332 Bottle side-by-side Wine Cellar (View on Amazon) is both stylish and functional for those with larger wine collections. It has a great set of impressive features such as very quiet compressor, dual zone, UV blocking glass, and easy-to-use digital touch controls. It also has an easily changeable carbon filters to remove any unwelcome odors.
This EdgeStar is a winning choice for a 300-plus-bottles wine cooler, and certainly has our seal of approval as a top rated larger capacity wine cooler. Read our review for EdgeStar CWR1661SZDUAL 332 Bottle Side-by-Side.
2. Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2BWRN (right hinge)/Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2SSLN (left hinge)
- Exclusive Tru-Vino Technology allows for near zero temperature fluctuation, preserving and protecting your...
- Tru-Vino technology dramatically reduces variations in humidity levels, providing the ideal environment to...
- Digital control panel allows you to precisely set the internal temperature between 41-61 F in the upper zone...
- Trademarked FlexCount shelving design gives you flexible storage options for up to 172 bottles of wine
Brand and Capacity: Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2BWRN (right hinge)/Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2SSLN (left hinge) wine fridge.
Type: Free-standing or built-in.
Dimension: 71.5″ H x 23.5″ W x 27″
Summary: The Allavino VSWR172-2BWRN 172-bottle (right hinge)(View on Amazon) is a sleek-and-sophisticated dual-zone wine fridge. It is a large capacity wine fridge that accommodates 172 bottles and it has a security lock. It has a front-venting design – you can install it as a built-in to your cabinetry or as a stylish free-standing unit.
We are a fan of Allavino’s FlexCount shelving design series, including this 172-bottles, the 128-bottles, the 56-bottles and the 36-bottles models. This 172-bottle has 14 innovative FlexCount shelves and sturdy metal racks.
It features two individual temperature control zones, upper and lower zone respectively. The upper zone can be set between 40°-55° F. The lower zone can be set between 55°-65°F. This Allavino has elegant black cabinet with matching framed glass door and all-black interior. Read our review for Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2BWRN (right hinge) or Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2SSLN (left hinge).
3. NewAir AWR-1160DB gold series 116-bottle Wine Cellar
- 116 Bottle Capacity: The robust 116 bottle storage is perfect for red and white wines.
- Cooling System: The premier dual zone compressor cooler allows you to set the temperature as low as 40 degrees...
- Digital Display: Quickly monitor and set temperatures with ease using the push button controls just inside the...
- Interior LED Lighting: Premium gold LED lighting and dimming options are provided to allow you to better...
Brand and Capacity: NewAir AWR-1160DB 116-bottle Premier Gold Series Wine Cellar
Type: Free-standing or built-in compressor-system
Temperature Zone: Dual-zone cooling
Dimension: 23.5″W x 26.8″D x 55″H (without handle)
Summary: This beautiful NewAir AWR-1160DB 116-bottle premier gold series wine cellar (View on Amazon)is our top pick for 116 bottles capacity wine cellar. It has many premium features such as top-grade cold-rolled steel cabinet with three layers of insulation, smoke-tinted triple layer glass door, smooth gliding shelving, elegant gold LED light and the 1-year in home warranty.
You can install this unit as free-standing wine cellar or as a built-in to your cabinetry. It has a reversible door – a convenient design feature to set it up to open to left or right to fit your design configuration.
This AWR-1160DB is a dual-zone wine cellar, top zone can be set from 40°- 50°F and bottom zone from 50°- 66°F. This range of temperature gives you options to store various vintages such as Champagne to Cabernet Sauvignon, etc. You can switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
This NewAir has both the form and functions that lives up to the name of ‘gold series’ and it justifies the price tag of an ounce of gold. Read our review for NewAir AWR-1160DB 116-bottle premier gold series.
4. Allavino FlexCount 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSRN (right hinge) or Allavino 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSLN (left hinge)
- The lower zone must be set at least 4 degrees and no more than 12 degrees higher than the upper zone
Brand and Capacity: Allavino FlexCount 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSRN (right hinge) or Allavino 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSLN (left hinge) wine fridge.
Type: Free-standing or built-in.
Dimension: 33.9″H x 23.4″W x 23.6″D
Summary: The Allavino FlexCount 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSRN (right hinge) (View on Amazon) or the Allavino VSWR56-2SSLN (left hinge) (view on Amazon) is our top pick for 56- bottles dual-zone wine cooler. It has a front-venting design that works well as a built-in your cabinetry or as stand-alone unit.
This model is about 25% more energy efficient than most compressor-based wine fridges in its class. We find this model has minimum temperature fluctuation and low noise and vibration. This unit is in the Allavino’s FlexCount shelving design series – the shelves are thin and flexible to accommodate larger diameter bottles without sacrificing overall storage capacity. It has six shelves – five shelves that can fit up to 9 bottles each and a bottom shelf that can fit up to 11 bottles for a total of 56 bottles.
This Allavino dual zone unit features “red”, “white”, and “sparkling” indicator lights. You can adjust each zone’s temperature separately – an upper zone range between 41°-61°F and a lower zone range between 45°-64°F. It has an intuitive control panel. You can control the interior blue LED lighting via the easy-to-use control panel. This Allavino model includes both curved and towel bar handles – you have more options to integrate this unit with your design elements. Read our review for Allavino FlexCount 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSRN (right hinge) or Allavino 56-bottle VSWR56-2SSLN (left hinge).
5. Kalamera 24-inch-wide 46-bottle wine cooler
- ★DUAL ZONE THERMOSTAT:Upper zone ranges from 40-50°F, and lower zone is 50-66°F for the wine cooler. LED...
- ★TEMPERATURE MEMORY FUNCTION: These small wine & beverage cooler restore the set temperature in the cooler...
- ★STAINLESS STEEL & WHITE AIR OUTLET: Special stainless steel frame with 2 layers of tempered glass stabilize...
- ★LARGE CAPACITY FOR WINE BOTTLE: This mini wine fridge holds up to 46 bottles of your favorite wine in...
Brand and Capacity: Kalamera KRC-46DZB-TGD 24-inch-wide 46-bottle wine cooler
Type: Built-in, under-counter, or free-standing, compressor wine cooler
Dimension: 33 “H x 23.4 “W x 22.4″D (without handle)
Suggested built-in dimension: 23.8″ W x 22.4″D x 34.3”H
Summary: The Kalamera KRC-46DZB-TGD 24-inch-wide 46-bottle wine cooler (view on Amazon) is one of the most popular mid-size wine coolers. It has a versatile installation as a under-counter built-in or a free-standing unit. It is a quiet compressor-based cooler with many premium features such as triple-layer tempered glass door, consistent cooling and temperature memory function. This Kalamera has five sliding beech wooden shelves with a capacity of 46 bottles. It has a dual zone cooling system; 40°-50°F in the upper zone, 50°-66°F in the lower zone. Read our review for Kalamera 24-inch-wide 46-bottle wine cooler.
6. Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN French door wine cooler
- 36 BOTTLE CAPACITY: This beautiful French door wine refrigerator has 12 shelves that can each hold up to 3...
- DUAL ZONE DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Each of this unit's dual temperature zones has it's own intuitively...
- INNOVATIVE NEW SHELF DESIGN: Allavino's FlexCount Series features a cutting edge metal shelf design that is...
- POWERFUL COOLING TECHNOLOGY: This wine refrigerator utilizes cutting-edge technology to deliver powerful and...
Brand and Capacity: Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN wine cooler with French Doors
Type: Free-standing or built-in or under-counter.
Dimension: 23.2”L x 23.5”W x 32.8 “H
Summary: The Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN wine cooler with French Doors (view on Amazon) is our top pick for the most beautiful 36 bottles capacity dual zone wine cooler. It can accommodate 36 bottles in a compact 24″ wide space. This model has classic black cabinet and gorgeous black framed glass French doors. It is beautiful as a free-standing unit with its fully-finished front venting cabinet, or as a built-in or under-counter to fit your cabinetry design element. This unit is in the Allavino’s FlexCount shelving design series – the shelves are thin and flexible to accommodate larger diameter bottles without sacrificing overall storage capacity. This Allavino has dual zone, each zone is individually controlled and it ranges between 40°-60° F. It can accommodates 18 bottles on each side/each zone. It features an intuitive design control panel, cool blue LED interior lighting that you can turn on or off and a security lock. Read our review for Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN French door wine cooler.
7. Kalamera KRC-30SZB-TGD 15-inch-wide 30-bottle wine cooler
- ★SMALL COOLER WITH GREAT STORAGE: This mini wine fridge holds up to 30 bottles of your favorite wine in...
- ★STAINLESS STEEL DOOR & AIR OUTLET: Special stainless steel frame with 2 layers of tempered glass stabilize...
- ★SINGLE ZONE: LED control display makes it easy to set temperature from 40-66°F, providing perfect chilling...
- ★TEMPERATURE MEMORY FUNCTION & 5 WOODEN SHELVES: The small wine cooler restore the set temperature in the...
Brand and Capacity: Kalamera 15-inch-wide 30-bottle wine cooler
Type: Under-counter, built-in, compressor system
Dimension: 33.9 “H x 14.9 “W x 22.4″D (with handle)
Summary: This Kalamera KRC-30SZB-TGD 15-inch-wide 30-bottle wine cooler (view on Amazon) is our top-pick for size 30-bottle built-in wine cooler. It is versatile in its installation options – freestanding or as a perfect under-counter fit for your outdated trash-compartment. This Kalamera has a double-layer insulated tempered glass door – which is reversible. This single-zone unit has a temperature range of 40°-66°F and a smart temperature memory function. Read our review for Kalamera 15-inch-wide 30-bottle wine cooler.
8. Zephyr Presrv 24-inch wine and beverage cooler
- 3-Color LED Lighting in Cloud White, Deep Blue and Amber. 304-grade Stainless Steel
- Active Cooling Technology. Bottle Capacity: 21 bottles, 64 12oz cans. Carbon Filter Air Filtration
- Door Open Alarm. Dual-Pane, Low-e Argon-Filled Glass. Electronic Capacitive Touch Controls
- Temperature Range: 38° - 65° F (beverage side). Temperature Range: 40° – 65° F (wine side). Vibration...
Brand: Zephyr Presrv™ 24-inch wine and beverage cooler.
Installation Type: under-counter or free-standing.
Dimension: 34.4″ H x 23.9″ W x 25.25″ D (with handle)
Cooling System: Compressor cooling with with dual zones, 40°-65°F (left side), 34°-65°F (right side).
Capacity: 21-bottle (wine) , 64 12-oz cans (beverage).
Summary: This Zephyr 24-inch wine and beverage French-door (view on Amazon) is the most beautiful wine and beverage combo in our top 10 rating. It is impeccably designed with clean-line and contemporary style. Notable features include seamless stainless steel frame, vibration dampening system, accurate temperature retention, Sabbath-mode and 5-year compressor warranty. Read our full review for Zephyr Presrv™ 24-inch wine & beverage Cooler.
9. Whynter WC-201TD 20-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler
- Measures: 20.5" Long x 15.79" Wide x 22" High
- Capacity: 20 standard wine bottles
- Black tinted mirror glass door with sleek black cabinet and space saving recessed handle with 5 removable...
- Adjustable Thermostat, 46°F - 65°F, with soft-touch digital control panel.
Brand and Capacity: Whynter WC-201TD 20-bottle wine cooler
Type: Free-Standing only, counter-top installation
Dimension: 16″ W x 20.5″D x 22”H
Temperature range: 46°F – 65°F single zone
Summary: This Whynter 20-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler (view on Amazon) is our best-seller for a thermoelectric 20-bottle cooler in two consecutive years. We like its UV protected mysterious-looking black mirror glass door. This compact unit has a space-saving recess-door-handle. The removable chrome shelves provides you with option to store larger diameter wine bottles. This is an excellent candidate for a counter-top installation – it is beautiful, quiet and vibration free. Read our review for Whynter WC-201TD 20-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler.
10. NewAir AWR-290DB 29-bottle wine cooler
- COMPACT DESIGN - Our 15 Inch Wine Cooler is great for fitting into base cabinets or stand alone unit, Making...
- Dual TEMPERATURE ZONES - Allows you to set two different temperatures in either zone for both red and white...
- DIGITAL TEMP CONTROL - Our Wine and Beverage Cooler comes with adjustable digital temperature control to allow...
- TRIPLE INSULATED PANED GLASS DOOR - Keep your cool wine, beer, soda, and beverages cool in our mini fridge...
Brand: NewAir AWR-290DB 29-bottle wine cooler
Type: Stand-alone, under-cabinet
Dimension: 22.5″ D x 14.8″ W x 33.9″ H
Cooling zone: Compressor-based dual-zone; upper 40°F – 50°F; lower 50°F – 66°F
Summary: The NewAir AWR-290DB 29-bottle wine cooler (view on Amazon) is a small-size unit packed with three unusual premium values for its price. We are talking about triple layered tempered glass, dual zone and a quiet noise level of 39 dB. It is a classic and reliable NewAir product in the 15-inch class of wine refrigeration. Read our full review of NewAir AWR-290DB 29-bottle wine cooler.
Recap: Best-in-class Wine Coolers 2023
The very best wine cooler for you may not be the same as the best wine cooler for your friend. Being an astute shopper, you can use our best top 10 wine cooler reviews to understand which best fits your needs. Enjoy your wines, your friends, and drink a toast to us from the very best wine cooler from our top 10 recommended list.
Here is our weekly funny dose of wine-related entertainment news and some funny wine cartoons found on Pinterest. Come back and visit with us soon.