It is always a good idea to cool wines you are storing for future use. Wines that are subject to temperatures that are either too high or vary significantly over time will end up with an off taste or, worst of all, be completely destroyed.
Single zone wine coolers are those that will maintain a steady, preset cool temperature to preserve your wines and allow them to age properly.
- These units can be the simplest coolers, often (but not always) with a smaller capacity, and often somewhat less expensive. The smaller units often sitting on a countertop or free-standing. Many of these wine coolers use thermoelectric cooling, which is quiet and vibration free.
- Most of single-zone 30-50 bottle models are compressor-based cooling, and with front-vent design. These units are great choices for under-counter built-in. Our featured models are quiet and with low vibration.
- You will also find 100-plus bottles with a single zone. These large-capacity units are always powered by compressor cooling motor. They can be installed as a built-in (if it has a front-vent) or free-standing appliances.
Here are some key criteria when choosing a single-zone wine cooler:
- Size. How many bottles do you plan to store in your fridge?
- Installation Type. Do you want a built-in model or a freestanding unit? A front-vent unit is designed for both built-in, whereas a rear-vent unit is only applicable for stand-alone installation.
- Dimension. Always measure your allocated space (width, depth, height) for the unit before you place your order.
- Material. Always choose stainless-steel exterior – they are more durable; either wood or metal rack for shelves.
- Temperature: look for a model with proven reliable and stable temperature; make sure 55°F is in the interior temperature range.
- Easy operation. Check the icon design on the control panel. Is it intuitive and simple to use?
- Other essential features. Depending on your requirements, consider interior lighting options, door alarm, door lock, leveling legs.
- Styling. What looks best in your space? Pay attention to the style of door handle, and whether the glass door is tinted.
- Warranty and support. Look for, at a minimum, 12-month warranty by the manufacturer. Some premium models come with 3 to 5-year warranty on the compressor.
Wine enthusiasts with larger and more varied collections may desire to have two separate zones or even multi-zone wine refrigerators. If you want to keep your red wine in one cooler, your whites in another, consider getting two single-zone wine coolers.
The ideal temperature for long terms storage of both red and white wines is similar – often cited as 55°F. Some consider any constant temperature between 45°F and 65°F will suffice. So, for some collectors, the use of two or more zones is more about storing wines within a temperature range that works for both reds and whites. So, if your goal is long term wine storage, a large single zone wine cooler may be your ideal choice.
Here are our top choices for the best single zone wine coolers:
1. Allavino FlexCount 56-bottle single zone wine cooler
- 56 BOTTLE CAPACITY: The Allavino VSWR56-1SSRN features 5 shelves that can fit up to 9 bottles each and a...
- FULL RANGE DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL: This wine refrigerator utilizes an intuitively designed control panel...
- INNOVATIVE NEW SHELF DESIGN: Allavino FlexCount Series wine refrigerators use revolutionary FlexCount Series...
- POWERFUL COOLING TECHNOLOGY: A new 25% more energy efficient advanced cooling system provides powerful cooling...
Brand and model: Allavino FlexCount 56-bottle VSWR56-1SSRN (right hinge) or Allavino 56-bottle VSWR56-1SSLN (left hinge)
Installation Type: Free standing or 24-inch wide under-counter built-in.
Dimension: 33.9″ H x 23.4″ W x 23.6″ D
Read our review for Allavino VSWR56-1SSRN (Right hinge) 56-bottle wine cooler.
2. Tylza 18-bottle wine refrigerator
- 【18 Bottle Capacity】This wine cooler refrigerator could hold 18 bottles of your favorite wine in different...
- 【Quiet & Low Vibration】This wine cooler refrigerator uses an advanced compressor that effectively provides...
- 【Double-Layer Tempered Glass】Double-layer of tempered glass door stabilize temperature levels inside and...
- 【Temperature Stability】Tylza Wine cooler Single-zone cooling ensures the temperature is not affected by...
Brand and model: Tylza TYWC60 18-bottle wine refrigerator.
Installation Type: Freestanding or 12-inch wide built-in and below 36-inch in height.
Dimension: 11.6 inches wide x 22.6 inches deep x 34.3 inches tall (without handle)
Capacity and size: 2.12 cu. ft. to accommodate 18-bottle 750 ml.
Temperature Range: a single zone with a wide range of 41° F to 72° F, powered by an efficient compressor system.
Noise level: 36 dB (quiet than a 40 dB library sound)
Wattage: 75 watts
AMPs: 1.4 A
Summary: This glossy Tylza first caught our attention with its moderately price option, and a whisper quiet noise level.
This 18-bottle uses the latest cooling technology – more efficient evaporator coils, expansion valves and metal coils. It is powered by an efficient compressor with minimum vibration. The result – it is energy saving, and whisper quiet at 36 dBA.
- Dual-pane tempered glass doors to maintain consistent temperature, and block harmful UV lights.
- Six Removable beech wooden shelves. The bottom rack has bigger vertical space to accommodate larger or magnum size bottles.
- Four one-inch adjustable feet included – they are useful to help you to level your cooler. You rotate the feet 360° anti-clockwise to get the perfect level for the unit.
- Easy to use temperature control – you can adjust the interior temperature and lighting using the simple icons on the control panels.
- Wide temperature range from 41° F to 72° F. And, it has temperature memory function – a helpful feature to restore your set temperature after a power outage.
- Warranty – Tylza is so confident about their products that they offer a lifetime technical support in addition to the 12-month product warranty.
3. EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53-bottle wine cooler
- PLEASE NOTE: 53 bottle capacity is ONLY achieved when ALL stored bottles are standard sized 750ml 2.75"...
- Undercounter or freestanding application; Single temperature zone; High/low temperature alarm; Door ajar alarm
- Blue interior LED lighting; Flat faced stainless steel handle; Internal fan to evenly circulate air
- External Dimensions: 33 1/2" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 1/2" D; Weight 100 lbs.
Brand and model: EdgeStar CWR532SZ 24-inch wide 53-Bottle wine fridge
Installation Type: This front-venting wine fridge design is ideal for under counter built-in, flush-mount and freestanding applications. It will fit with many alternative designs for your home or office.
Dimension: 33 1/2″ H x 23 1/2″ W x 22 1/2″ D
Summary: There are two versions of this EdgeStar 24-inch model. This 53-bottle model and a 46-bottle. Both are almost identical in terms of design. This single-zone unit has 6 stainless-steel shelf with wooden trim facing. Whereas the 46-bottle dual-zone has wooden shelf with stainless-steel trim. Both have security locks and each weights 100 lbs. respectively.
Read our review and comparison for EdgeStar 53-Bottle vs. 46-Bottle Wine Cooler.
4. Kalamera 30-bottle wine cooler
- ★SMALL COOLER WITH GREAT STORAGE: This mini wine fridge holds up to 30 bottles of your favorite wine in...
- ★STAINLESS STEEL DOOR & AIR OUTLET: Special stainless steel frame with 2 layers of tempered glass stabilize...
- ★SINGLE ZONE: LED control display makes it easy to set temperature from 40-66°F, providing perfect chilling...
- ★TEMPERATURE MEMORY FUNCTION & 6 WOODEN SHELVES: The small wine cooler restores the set temperature in the...
Brand and model: Kalamera KRC-30SZB-TGD 30-bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Under-counter for 15-wide built-in or free-standing.
Temperature Zone: Single-zone cooling 40°-66°F
Dimension: 33.9 “H x 14.9 “W x 22.4″D (without handle)
Summary: This elegant Kalamera has been a top-seller for the 15-inch built-in installation-type for the past two consecutive years.
What’s not to love? This stainless steel model has a double-pane glass door, six removable beech wood racks, built-in interior fans, and carbon filters.
In addition to an intuitive control panel, it also has a temperature memory function – which automatically reset your previously-set temperature after a power outage.
Read our full review for Kalamera 30-bottle single-zone wine cooler.
5. Koldfront 30 Bottle single zone Wine Cooler
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all...
- Finish: Black
- Manufactured By: Koldfront
- Depth: 23.4375 in.
Brand and model: Koldfront BWR300BL 30 Bottle Wine Cooler
Installation Type: 15-inch wide under-counter built-in
Dimension: 14.9″ W x 23.4″D x 32”H
Read our review for Koldfront BWR300BL 30-bottle wine cooler.
6. NewAir AWR-520SB 52-bottle wine cooler
- [LARGE BOTTLE CAPACITY] - At just 24 inches wide, this counter-depth wine fridge takes up no more room than a...
- [BUILT-IN OR FREESTANDING] - The quiet, front-venting compressor system allows this wine fridge to fit snugly...
- [PRECISION TEMPERATURE CONTROL] - Adjust thermostat with the easy touch digital display. A reliable and...
- [REMOVABLE BEECH WOOD SHELVES] - This fridge comes with beech wood shelves that can be easily removed, making...
Brand and model: NewAir AWR-520SB 52-bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing or built-in compressor-system
Temperature Zone: Single-zone cooling
Dimension: 23.50″L x 22.40″W x 32.20″H
Read our review for NewAir AWR-520SB 52-bottle wine cooler.
7. SCHMÉCKÉ 34-bottle wine fridge
- TEMPERATURE STABILITY - Schmecke wine coolers’ compressor technology ensures temperature is not affected by...
- PRESERVE WINE’S FULLEST FLAVOR & AROMA - Set the temperature and let the wine cooler do the rest. With a...
- UV-RESISTANT DOUBLE-PANED THERMOPANE GLASS - A double-paned glass door not only keeps the interior insulated,...
- SOFT INTERIOR LIGHTING - Turn on the energy-efficient LED light to gently illuminate your collection. Say...
Brand and model: SCHMÉCKÉ 34-bottle SHMFWCC341LB wine cooler (Right Hinge)
Installation Type: Free-standing only.
Temperature Zone: Single zone compressor cooling, 41°F-64°F.
Dimension: 18.7″ W x 17.3″ D x 33.1″ H (recessed handle)
Read our review for Schmecke 34-bottle wine cooler.
8. Vinotemp 7-Bottle mirrored wine refrigerator
- 7 BOTTLE STORAGE: Store up to 7 standard bottles of your favorite red and white wines
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: 40°- 72°F; Digital Temperature Control
- LOADED WITH FEATURES: This wine cooler has wire racking, dual-pane glass door with patent-pending mirrored...
- NO INSTALLATION NECESSARY: With its built-in front exhaust freestanding design, this beverage cooler can be...
Brand and model: Vinotemp VT-7BMSL-FE 7-bottle single zone wine refrigerator.
Installation Type: Slim-fit for a 6-inch wide under-counter.
Temperature Zone: Single-zone cooling 40°- 72° F.
Dimension: 34.2 “H x 5.8 “W x 20.6″ D (without handle); 34.2 “H x 5.8 “W x 22.6″ D (with handle).
Summary: This 7-bottle is the haute couture among all 6-inch wide wine coolers on the market. Its manufacture Vinotemp is so proud of the high-style design – the company has filed a patent for the mirrored-trim model.
This pricey wine fridge has an exclusive blueprint to match:
- High-style design with mirror-frame and black metal cabinet.
- Four evenly-spaced icons on the touch screen temperature control panel.
- Black wire shelf to complement the black exterior.
- Beautiful soft sapphire blue interior light.
- Sturdy wire shelving racks.
9. Wine Enthusiast Classic L 80 Bottle Single-Zone Wine Cellar
- SINGLE ZONE FRIDGE - Freestanding bulk storage refrigerator stores up to 80 standard Bordeaux bottles; keep...
- DIGITAL TOUCH SCREEN - Set cooler to a temperature range of 41 degrees F to 68 degrees F providing ideal...
- QUIET AND ENERGY EFFICIENT - ETL-certified silent cooling technology and black double-pane full-glass lockable...
- CONVENIENT AND EASY TO USE - Cabinet features pull-out wood trimmed wire shelves and dramatic cool blue LED...
Brand and model: Wine Enthusiast Classic L 80-Bottle single-zone wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing compressor-cooling system
Dimension: 40.8 “H x 23.2 “W x 24.8″D
Read our review for Wine Enthusiast Classic L 80 Bottle single-zone Wine Cooler.
10. Kalamera 50-bottle free-standing wine cooler
- FREESTANDING DESIGN: Built from premium black and silver stainless steel with tempered dual pane glass front...
- QUIET COMPRESSOR: Advanced cooling technology keeps compressor quiet without disturbing wine sediments
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 19.5” W x 33.1” H x 22.8” D || Inner Capacity: 4.2 Cu.Ft Wine Storage Space
- 50 BOTTLE CAPACITY: 7 beech wood racks hold up to 50 standard 750ml Bordeaux bottles, so you can stock up on...
Brand and model: Kalamera KRC-52SZF 50-bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing only (this is a rear-vent unit)
Dimension: 33.07 “H x 19.50 “W x 22.83 “D
Read our review for Kalamera 50-bottle wine cooler.
Check out our guide on how to choose a wine cooler for helpful check list to aid you with your buying decision.