- FREESTANDING DESIGN: Built from premium black and silver stainless steel with tempered dual pane glass front...
- QUIET COMPRESSOR: Advanced cooling technology keeps compressor quiet without disturbing wine sediments
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 19.5” W x 33.1” H x 22.8” D || Inner Capacity: 4.2 Cu.Ft Wine Storage Space
- 50 BOTTLE CAPACITY: 7 beech wood racks hold up to 50 standard 750ml Bordeaux bottles, so you can stock up on...
Model: Kalamera 50-bottle KRC-52SZF wine cooler (Right Hinge)
Type: Free-standing only, not suitable for built-in.
Cooling zone: Single zone, 40°F-66°F, using compressor-cooling refrigeration system.
Dimension: 33.07 “H x 19.50 “W x 22.83 “D (without handle)
Dimension: 33.07 “H x 19.50 “W x 24.5” D (with handle)
Weight: 82.67 lbs.
This Kalamera model is one of the affordable models in the 50-bottle capacity. It has many of the quality features you find in the Kalamera high-end series. This unit is quiet and well-made.
Capacity and design: This Kalamera model KRC-52ASS has a clean-line design. It has a classic black exterior with durable stainless steel frame. This modern-looking unit has a 50-bottle capacity.
This Kalamera is designed to install as a free-standing unit only. It is not designed for built-in installation.
It is below three-feet tall and less than two-feet wide. It looks great in any indoor rooms away from direct sun. Just make sure there is a wall outlet near the cooler.
Tip: Do not use an extension to power this unit.
Fun facts about the number 50:
- In Australia, when you are driving on a road with unspecified speed limit, the default is 50 kilometers per hour.
- 50 is the atomic number of tin.
- 50 is the fifth magic number in nuclear physics.
Double layer Glass. We like the construction of this double-pane glass. The first layer of glass reflects the UV. Yes, the anti-UV action occurs before it reaches the second layer.
Sunlight is not a friend to wines. Always house your wine cooler away from your windows.
Strong floor. This Kalamera weighs 82.7 pounds. It will be much heavier when it is fully loaded with your wine collection. Make sure your floor is strong enough to support the weight.
Tip: It is important to level your appliance. Adjust the front legs at the bottom of this wine cooler to get it level.
Wooden shelving: This Kalamera 50-bottle has seven sliding beech wooden shelves. Yes, beech wood is the same type of wood slats you find in the fermentation tanks in beer houses.
These racks are removable. Beech wood is soft – it doesn’t scratch your wine labels. In general, wine bottles receive less vibrations sitting on wooden shelves versus on metal shelves.
We also like the safety features on each shelf. There are two stoppers on each side of a removable shelf. The stoppers prevent the shelf from falling off when it is pulled half way out.
Single temperature zones: The Kalamera 50-bottle has a single cooling system. It has a temperature range of 40°F-66°F. In general, store your white within a range of 40°-50°F, your red wine within a range of 55° F – 65° F. You can use this single-zone to store both – set the temperature to 55° F.
Digital temperature control: This Kalamera features a digital temperature display with touch controls . This convenient feature allows you to monitor and easily set the preferred temperature for your wine collection.
Press the UP and DOWN icons to increase or decrease the temperature by one degree at a time.
Temperature memory. This Kalamera thermal meter will restore your set-temperature after a power lost.
LED light: This Kalamera 50-bottle unit comes with a soft-lit blue LED light. A beautiful lighting feature to illuminate your wine collection. The lighting also helps you to identify and inventory your vintages. You manage the ON and OFF using the touch control panel.
Security lock: This Kalamera unit does not have a door lock. If you have young children in the house, consider a wine cooler with door lock.
Door Handle installation. You will find the door handle packed inside the unit.
- Carefully pull back the door gasket. You will see the screw holes.
- Attach the door handle by screwing it into place using the two screws come in the package.
Warranty and support: This Kalamera 50-bottle comes with one-year limited warranty by Kalamera.
Tip: If you plan to move your this unit, do a check list before transporting it:
- Remove all the bottles from the fridge.
- Tape down all moving parts inside the unit.
- Turn the leveling legs UP to the base to prevent damage.
- Remember to tape the door.
- Make sure the unit stays in upright position during the transport.
Summary: This Kalamera 50-bottle wine cooler (view on Amazon) is one of the best value models offered by Kalamera. You get several premium features found in the higher-end Kalamera models.
It has a medium capacity of 50-bottles. It has reliable single-zone compressor-cooling system. You get double-pane door, removable wooden shelves, and touch control.
If you are looking for a free-standing, clean-line and mid-sized unit, this Kalamera is worth your consideration.
Comparable model: Kalamera 50-bottle vs. Ivation 51-bottle free-standing wine refrigerator:
Both Kalamera 50-bottle and Ivation 51-bottle are top-ranked mid-size freestanding wine coolers. Both are single zone, and energy efficient models. Both have excellent features – removable racks, double-pane glass doors and quiet noise level at 36 dB. So, what are the differences?
- If you like wooden shelves, choose Kalamera 50-bottle with the beech wood racks.
- If you prefer metal racks, opt for Ivation 51-bottle with the wire racks.
- If you need to lock up your wine fridge, go for the Ivation.
Kalamera 50-bottle has been our top-seller for mid-size stand-alone models since 2015. Whereas the Ivation 51-bottle entered the market in 2020 with this black stainless-steel version and a stainless version. Both are excellent 50-bottle options. It comes down to deciding which works best for you and your preferences.
If you want to consider more mid-size options, check out our top-rated list of 30-59 bottle wine coolers.