An appropriate temperature is the key to store your wine properly. A regular refrigerator is too cold to store your vintages. That’s why you are getting a wine cooler to protect the life and characters of your vintage – to enjoy in weeks, months and years to come.
As the name implies, a dual zone wine cooler has two separate areas that are maintained at different temperatures. So, do you need a dual-zone wine cooler?
- The answer is “Yes” if your collection includes vintages such as Beaujolais, Chablis, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, etc. In this case, you want a dual-zone for your diverse collections. For example, store your Chardonnay at 48 °F, Red Burgundy at 63 °F.
- The answer is another “Yes” if you are storing both wine and beverages such as beers or soda. Your store your beers at a chill 38 °F in one zone. And, you keep your Champagne at 45 ℉ in the other zone.
- The answer can be “No” if your vintage preference is primarily red or white, you are good to go with a single-zone wine cooler. Set the temperature to 55 °F – a long-term equalizer temperature to store both types of wines.
What to look for in a dual-zone wine fridge
- Decide where you are going to install your cooler. Take measurement of the installation site. The height, width and depth numbers helps you to determine your wine fridge’s dimension.
- Do you want the door to open to the right or left? Order a right-hinge or left-hinge model based on your requirement. Or, choose a reversible-door option.
- Do you want a single door or two doors? If a family member is going to open your beverage cooler a dozen times a day, consider a French-door model which two individual doors. Why? So, the wine section will not be disturbed when the beverage door is frequently opened and closed.
- Next is the type of installation. Do you want a free-standing unit? A built-in model into your cabinetry? What space are available in front of the cooler? Do you have enough room when the door is opened?
- What is the capacity for your collection? If you have more than a 100 bottles, go for a full-size unit. If your collection is around three dozens, choose a medium size dual zone with 46-bottle which is our best seller.
- Easy to use and maintain. Is the temperature control intuitive to use? Is it difficult to remove a shelf? Do the shelves has stoppers (to prevent them from falling out)? Does it have a memory function to keep the set-temperature after a power lost? Is it frost free?
- Check out quality. Is it quiet – what is the noise decibel? Does the unit keep its temperature accurate and even? What grade of stainless steel is used?
- What aesthetic is pleasing to you? Stainless steel door with black exterior? Two handles? Top handle? Wooden racks for wines? Glass shelves for beers? Wire racks for beverages.
Here are our top choices for the best dual zone wine coolers:
1. NewAir 29-bottle wine cooler
- COMPACT DESIGN - Our 15 Inch Wine Cooler is great for fitting into base cabinets or stand alone unit, Making...
- Dual TEMPERATURE ZONES - Allows you to set two different temperatures in either zone for both red and white...
- DIGITAL TEMP CONTROL - Our Wine and Beverage Cooler comes with adjustable digital temperature control to allow...
- TRIPLE INSULATED PANED GLASS DOOR - Keep your cool wine, beer, soda, and beverages cool in our mini fridge...
Brand and model: NewAir AWR-290DB 29-bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing or 15-inch wide built-in
Dimension: 22.50″ D x 14.88″ W x 33.75″ H (without handle)
Summary: This classic NewAir is one of the most dependable wine refrigerators on the market. We recently visited a kitchen we designed five years ago, and guess what – this dual zone still runs as efficiently as new. Upper zone has a range of 40 to 50° F, and lower zone 50 to 66° F.
This time-tested unit has a high quality triple-pane glass door. It is still one of the quietest models in the 15-inch category – sound level registered at an impressive 39 dBA.
Read our in-depth review for NewAir 15-inch 29-bottle wine cooler.
2. Kalamera 157-bottle dual-zone wine cooler
- ★ELEGANT DESIGN: Stainless steel triple-layered tempered glass door, soft blue LED lighting, and removable...
- ★EXTRA-LARGE CAPACITY: Holds up to 157 in different size bottles of your favorite wine, and is only affected...
- ★VERSATILE INSTALLATION: Refrigerators can be built-in or free-standing in the kitchen, dining, or...
- ★DUAL ZONE THERMOSTAT: Upper zone ranges from 40-50°F, and lower zone is 50-66°F, so you can perfectly...
Brand and model: Kalamera 157-bottle KRC-157DZB-TGD wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing, tall built-in
Dimension: 69.6 “H x 23.4 “W x 26.8″D(without handle); 69.6 “H x 23.4 “W x 28.6″D (with handle)
Read our full review of Kalamera 157-bottle wine cooler.
3. Antarctic Star 24-inch beverage and wine cooler
- 18 BOTTLE+66 Can CAPACITY:This wine cooler could hold 18 wine bottles(750ml) + 66 Can(12oz) of your favorite...
- WOODEN SHELVES AND HANDLE:Frost-Free Stainless Steel Door and Handle with Double Layered Tempered glass window...
- QUIET & LOW VIBRATION:Advanced cooling system, low vibration effect and noise, allowing your wine or beer to...
- ADVANCED COOLING：wine beverage cooler with upgrade cooling system.Combining with fan circulation system and...
Brand and model: Antarctic Star 24-inch wine and beverage cooler.
Capacity: 18 bottles (left) and 60 cans (right).
Installation Type: Free-standing, built-in
Dual-zone Temperature Range: Wine zone (Left): 41-68℉, beverage zone (Right): 36-50℉
Dimension: 34 “H x 23.4 “W x 22.6″D (without handle)
This two-door dual-zone Antarctic Star has:
- 6 removable wooden shelves on the right to house 18 wine bottles.
- 3 detachable metal shelves on the left to store 56 beer or soda cans.
- Clear dual-paned tempered glass.
- Soft blue interior light.
- Frost-free stainless steel door frame and handles.
4. Smith and Hanks 46-Bottle wine cooler
- 46 BOTTLE STORAGE CAPACITY. Offset bottle shelf lets you store pinot, chardonnay, and cab bottles without...
- READY TO DRINK WINE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. With our dual zone cabinet, store up to 46 bottles of your favorite...
- FREE STANDING OR BUILT INTO CABINETS. Flexible design means you can use your wine storage cabinet as a free...
- EASY TO INSTALL. 24 inch wine cooler will fit into almost any space. Just plug it in and you are ready to go....
Brand and model: Smith and Hanks RW145DRE 46-Bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Built-in, under-counter or free-standing
Dimension: 34 1/4 “H x 24 “W x 23″D (without handle); 34 1/4 “H x 24 “W x 25″D (with handle)
Read our full review of Smith and Hanks 46-Bottle wine cooler.
5. Aobosi dual-zone 51-bottle wine cooler
- 🍷QUICK COOLING & LOW VIBRATION：Utilizing the high quality compressor, the wine refrigerator keeps the...
- 🍹DUAL ZONE DESIGN FOR RED & WHITE WINE: Designed with dual zone, the built in wine cooler can be set to the...
- 🍺STORAGE CAPACITY UP TO 51 BOTTLES: With 6 wooden shelves, the 24 inch wine refrigerator can hold up to 51...
- 🥤BUILT-IN & FREESTANDING:With the special front ventilation, the built in wine refrigerator is suitable for...
Brand and model: Aobosi YC-150B 24-inch 51-bottle wine cooler
Type: Free-standing or built-in
Dual Temperature Zone: Top section: 41°-55° F; bottom section: 55°-64° F
Dimension: 23.43″ W x 22.64″ D x 34.25″ H (without handle)
Summary: Priced just under $900, this is an excellent deal for a big capacity of 51-bottles wine refrigerator. It has popular design features such as: double-pane UV-protection glass door, two-fan circulation, low vibration, two zones options, and safety lock.
Our clients also like the easy-to-use censor-touch control panel, and the temperature memory function (to always remember your last-set temperature degrees after a power outage).
It has two individually-controlled temperature zones: 41°-55° F (upper), 55°-64° F (lower). You have options to store your white wine on the top compartment, and red wine on the bottom section. Read our in-depth review for Aobosi 51-bottle dual-zone wine cooler.
6. MOOSOO 30-bottle dual zone wine cooler
- ✔【STABLE TEMPRATURE & OPTIMAL CELLAR CONDITIONS】– AAOBOSI 15 inch wine refrigerator consistently keeps...
- ✔【DUAL ZONE, WIDE STORAGE & MULTI-FUNCTION】– Holds up to 30 standard Bordeaux...
- ✔【SUPER QUIET, DURABLE & EASY TO USE】– Use of upgraded compressor suppresses vibrations and ensures...
- ✔【SMART CONTROL & BUILT IN/FREESTANDING】– Responsive and easy digital controls to set the temperature...
Brand and model: MOOSOO MG30B 15-inch 30-bottle wine cooler
Installation type: Built-in, under-counter or stand-alone
Temperature zone: Dual-zone cooling: 41℉-55℉ (upper); 54℉-64℉ (lower)
Read our full review of MOOSOO 15-inch wide 30-bottle wine cooler.
7. Frigidaire 38-Bottle wine cooler
- Holds up to 38 Wine Bottles: Holds up to 38 wine bottles for maximum storage of your favorite wines
- Two Temperature Zones: Store red, white, and sparkling wines separately to ensure each is kept at the...
- Reversible Door Swing Option: Door can be installed to open left or right based on your needs.
- Precision Electronic Temperature Control w/ LED Digital Display: Set temperature anywhere between 41-64...
Brand and model: Frigidaire FFWC3822QS 38-Bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing only, compressor-based wine fridge.
Dimension: 34″H x 21 1/2″W x 24 1/2″D (w/handle)
Dual Temperature zones: 41°-54° F (upper compartment), 55°-64° F (lower compartment)
Read our full review for Frigidaire FFWC3822QS 38-Bottle wine cooler
8. Sipmore 37-bottle wine cooler wine cooler
- 【 🍷MULTI-SIZED BOTTLES CAPACITY】: There is bigger space for storing different types and sizes of wines,...
- 【🍷DUAL-ZONE ACCURATE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: With quality compressor and outstanding heat preservation...
- 【🍷INTEGRATED SEAMLESS STAINLESS DESIGN】: Showcase this stylish wine cooler at any part of the house and...
- 【🍷MODERN APPLIANCE DESIGN】: 180° overturn LED stage spotlight, will bring you a bright showcase to...
Brand and model: Sipmore 24-inch-wide 37-bottle wine cooler
Installation Type: Free-standing, built-in or under-counter
Temperature Zone: Upper zone 39-55°F, lower zone 39-64°F
Dimension: 33.9″H x 23.4 “W x 24.4″D (with handle)
Read our full review of Sipmore 24-inch 37-bottle wine cooler.
NewAir AWR-1160DB 116-bottle Premier Gold Series Wine Cellar
- 116 Bottle Capacity: The robust 116 bottle storage is perfect for red and white wines.
- Cooling System: The premier dual zone compressor cooler allows you to set the temperature as low as 40 degrees...
- Digital Display: Quickly monitor and set temperatures with ease using the push button controls just inside the...
- Interior LED Lighting: Premium gold LED lighting and dimming options are provided to allow you to better...
Brand and model: NewAir AWR-1160DB 116-bottle Premier Gold Series Wine Cellar
Installation Type: Free-standing or built-in compressor-system
Dimension: 23.5″ W x 26.8″ D x 56” H
Read our full review of NewAir AWR-1160DB 116-bottle Premier Gold Series Wine Cellar.
10. Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle wine cooler
- Exclusive Tru-Vino Technology allows for near zero temperature fluctuation, preserving and protecting your...
- Tru-Vino technology dramatically reduces variations in humidity levels, providing the ideal environment to...
- Digital control panel allows you to precisely set the internal temperature between 41-61 F in the upper zone...
- Trademarked FlexCount shelving design gives you flexible storage options for up to 172 bottles of wine
Brand and model: Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2BWRN (right hinge)/Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle VSWR172-2SSLN (left hinge) wine fridge.
Installation Type: Free-standing or built-in large wine fridge.
Dimension: 71.5″ H x 23.5″ W x 27″D
Read our full review of Allavino FlexCount 172-bottle wine refrigerator.
We believe finding the BEST wine fridge is all about meeting an individual’s requirement and style. Every dual-zone unit on this page has been carefully selected – based on their exceptional design and functions. Choose one with your required dimension and must-have, trust your sense of styles, you will find exactly which “one” is best for you. Cheers!