- 12 Bottle Capacity: Compact, 12 bottle storage, perfect for red or white wines.
- Cooling System: The quiet and vibration free thermoelectric cooling system allows you to set the temperature...
- Digital Display: Quickly monitor and set temperatures with ease using the push button controls mounted on the...
- Interior LED Lighting: Cool blue LED lighting is included to better illuminate your collection.
Model and Capacity: NewAir AW-121E 12-bottle wine cooler
Type: Free-standing only, countertop installation
Temperature Zone: Single-zone thermoelectric cooling
Dimension: 14.00″W x 19.50″D x 17.50″H
Capacity and design: This NewAir AW-121E wine cooler has a storage capacity of 12-bottles (standard Bordeaux bottle size).
It has a black cabinet with stainless steel door frame. The exterior black is a classic color for a wine cooler. The stainless steel goes well with modern appliances.
This unit weights only 26 lbs – suitable to house it on your counter top.
Ambient temperature: This is a thermoelectric unit – it is more sensitive to its surrounding temperature.
- Install this unit in an open and a low ambient temperature surroundings.
- The manufacture NewAir recommends an ambient temperature of 50°F-80°F.
- Why? Because too hot or too much room temperature fluctuation is not good for any thermoelectric unit.
- This is a free-standing unit, not suitable for built-in installation.
- Allow 5 inches clearance bewteen the back of the unit and any adjacent wall.
- Do not use an extension cord to power this unit. Use the 3-prong plug (equipped with this unit) to fit into your 3-prong wall outlet.
Tip to assemble the door handle Tips:
- Before assemble the door handle to the door, please get your Phillips screwdriver.
- Locate the rubber seal on the inside of the door.
- Push aside the rubber seal, you will see the screw holes.
- Use the screws included with this unit, attach the door handle to the front of the door.
Single temperature zone: This NewAir AW-121E has a single-zone system. It has a temperature range of 54°F-66°F. This range is suitable to store either red or white wine.
If your collection is mainly red wines, set the temperature for red – in general, red stores within the range of 55°-65°F. It is all right to store a couple of white wines (no more than 3 months) with your red. Just run a quick chill for your wine before serving. In general, white stores within the range of 40°-50°F.
Tip: If your collection is 50% red and 50% white and you only have a single zone wine cooler, then set your wine cooler temperature to 55°F to store both red and white.
Digital control: The NewAir 121E 12-bottle wine cooler has a digital temperature display with push button controls. This convenient feature allows you to monitor and easily set the preferred temperature for your wine collection. You also manage the ON or OFF interior lighting using this control.
Accessible shelving: This NewAir AW-121E features three slide-out chrome shelves. You can store three bottles on each shelf, plus another three in the bottom area. You get a total of twelve bottles of storage capacity.
These metal shelves are removable. You can detach a shelf to make room for magnum sized bottles on the rack. You will reduce the storage capacity with bigger sized bottles.
Lock: This 12-bottle unit does not have a door lock.
LED lighting: It has gentle interior blue LED lights that softly illuminate your wine collection. The LED light does not produce extra heat in the unit. An advantage of the illumination – it can help you quickly access your inventory.
Summary: If you have just started to collect wines and you are looking for a compact unit, this NewAir AW-121E 12-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler (View on Amazon) is a good candidate for your consideration. It is quiet, compressor-free and compact.
You can store 12 standard wine bottles on 3-slide out chrome shelves. It has good design features such as black cabinet and with chrome racks and soft LED light. The NewAir AW-121E has a one-zone cooling system; temperature range: 54°-66°F.
It has functional features such as removable shelves and digital temperature controls. This NewAir does not have a lock. If you are looking for a compact, single-zone thermoelectric wine cooler for your counter-top, the NewAir AW-121E is a good choice.
If you would like to consider other counter-top models, check out our featured top-rated counter-top models in the market.