Small wine fridges or small wine coolers often are used as countertop wine coolers. Countertop wine refrigerators may either be thermoelectric or compressor-based for cooling, although thermoelectric cooling is often favored for these smaller units and where silent operation is important. Some important considerations in selecting a countertop wine cooler include:
- the exterior dimensions of the wine cooler to ensure proper fit in your environment
- the styling of the countertop wine cooler as it likely will be quite visible on your countertop
- whether it is single-zone or dual-zone
- the settable temperature range available in the cooler
- the convenience and ease-of-use of the controls
- consider additional features that may be of value to you, such as interior lighting, type of shelves, door lock, etc.
Since the wine cooler will be sitting on the countertop, the direction of venting is not as critical as with built in wine coolers. However, since a countertop wine cooler will likely be viewable from any angle, it is important that the cabinet be finished from all four sides and the top.
So first pick the capacity of wine cooler you desire, make sure it’s dimensions are compatible with your space, and then prepare to enjoy your fine wines.
Here is our top choice for the best countertop wine cooler:
NewAir AW-121E 12-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler
- 12 Bottle Capacity: Compact, 12 bottle storage, perfect for red or white wines.
- Cooling System: The quiet and vibration free thermoelectric cooling system allows you to set the temperature as low as 54 degrees Fahrenheit...
- Digital Display: Quickly monitor and set temperatures with ease using the push button controls mounted on the door frame.
- Interior LED Lighting: Cool blue LED lighting is included to better illuminate your collection.
Model: NewAir AW-121E 12-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler
Type: Free-Standing only (countertop) Thermoelectric system
Temperature Zone: Single-zone cooling
Dimension: 14.00″L x 19.50″W x 19.00″H