Under counter wine fridges are popular with wine enthusiasts who wish to keep a small to moderately sized wine collection readily available in a wine refrigerator that is built into the kitchen cabinetry. Under counter wine coolers may be single-zone or dual-zone wine coolers. Like other wine coolers, they may be cooled thermoelectrically or with a conventional compressor. Although not strictly true, many smaller and single zone wine coolers are thermoelectric while many larger dual zone wine coolers use compressors. Some important considerations in selecting an under counter wine cooler include:
- the size of your wine collection
- whether a single cooling zone is sufficient for your needs or whether you need a dual zone cooler (typical with storing both white and red wines)
- venting is important for any wine cooler built into a cabinet; generally under counter wine fridges need to vent toward the front to keep from overheating
- the exterior dimensions of the wine cooler to ensure proper fit in your environment
- the styling of an under counter wine cooler should be coordinated with your cabinets and other appliances
- the settable temperature range available in the cooler
- the convenience and ease-of-use of the controls
- consider additional features that may be of value to you, such as interior lighting, type of shelves, door lock, etc.
Start with the capacity of wine cooler you desire, make sure it’s dimensions are compatible with your space, and then prepare to enjoy your wine collection.
Here is our top choice for the best under-counter wine cooler:
Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN French door wine cooler
- 36 BOTTLE CAPACITY: This beautiful French door wine refrigerator has 12 shelves that can each hold up to 3 bottles, allowing you to store a...
- DUAL ZONE DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Each of this unit's dual temperature zones has it's own intuitively designed control panel with a...
- INNOVATIVE NEW SHELF DESIGN: Allavino's FlexCount Series features a cutting edge metal shelf design that is strong enough to support the...
- POWERFUL COOLING TECHNOLOGY: This wine refrigerator utilizes cutting-edge technology to deliver powerful and efficient cooling performance....
Model: Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN wine cooler with French Doors
Type: Free-standing or built-in or under-counter.
Dimension: 23.2”L x 23.5”W x 32.8 “H
Summary: The Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN wine cooler with French Doors (view on Amazon) is our top pick for the most beautiful 36 bottles capacity dual zone wine cooler. It can accommodate 36 bottles in a compact 24″ wide space. This model has classic black cabinet and gorgeous black framed glass French doors. It is beautiful as a free-standing unit with its fully-finished front venting cabinet, or you can install this model as an under-counter to fit your cabinetry design element. This unit is in the Allavino’s FlexCount shelving design series – the shelves are thin and flexible to accommodate larger diameter bottles without sacrificing overall storage capacity. This Allavino has dual zone, each zone is individually controlled and it ranges between 40°-60° F. It can accommodates 18 bottles on each side/each zone. It features an intuitive design control panel, cool blue LED interior lighting that you can turn on or off and a security lock. Read our detailed wine cooler review for Allavino FlexCount 36-bottle VSWR36-2BWFN French door wine cooler.
Comparable model: EdgeStar CWR361FD 36-bottle under-counter Wine Cooler
- Capacity: 36 standard 750 mL wine bottles; Built-in or freestanding installation
- French door layout w/ black dot matrix tempered glass; Black cabinet and stainless steel trim doors
- Door lock on each door; Large matching stainless steel handles; Dimensions: 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 24 3/8" D; Dimensions (Without Handle):...
- 10 full depth, slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves; Two (2) partial depth slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
If you prefer the look of stainless steel to black trim for your wine cooler cabinet, you may find the EdgeStar CWR361FD 36 bottle Dual Zone with French Doors more appealing to you than the Allavino FlexCount VSWR36 French door model. The EdgeStar is beautiful as a free-standing unit installation. Or, you can install it as an under-counter or a built-in to fit your cabinetry design element. It comes with a set of stainless steel towel bar style handles.