Zephyr headquarters in our Bay Area and they have a beautiful showroom in San Francisco. Their design team has delivered cutting-edge technology in range hooks for decades. We have integrated their award winning Okeanito-Wall range hoods in several of our kitchen design projects. Our latest project in Tiburon features this beautiful Presrv™ Wine and Beverage Cooler.
- Three-Color LED Showcase Lighting
- Electronic Capacitive Touch Controls
- Full-Extension, Black Wood Racks with Stainless Trim
- Active Cooling Technology
Model: Zephyr Presrv™ 24-inch wine and beverage Cooler.
Installation Type: under-counter or free-standing.
Cooling System: Compressor cooling with with dual zones.
Refrigerant Type: R600a (non-toxic with zero ozone depletion potential).
Weight: 143 pounds.
Noise level: 38 dBA (one of quietest models in the market).
Design. This dual-zone Zephyr model is designed for an under-cabinet, a built-in or a free-standing installation.
The beautiful French Doors are manufactured with high quality dual-pane low-e argon-filled glass doors. A premium quality 304-grade stainless steel is used for the seamless door frame. The interior and sides are finished in classic black.
This beverage cooler represents innovation and elegance that we are accustomed to see in Zephyr products.
Note: The low-emissivity (low-e) coating helps to minimize UV and infrared light that pass through the glass door.
Capacity. This Zephyr Presrv™ unit has a total capacity of 5.15 cubic feet with two compartments:
- On the left, there are 6 full-extension wooden racks with stainless steel trim. It has a capacity to store 21-bottle of standard Bordeaux size wine bottles.
- One the right, there are 3 slide-out grey glass shelves. It can accommodate 64 12-oz cans of beverage.
Dimension: 34.4″ H x 23.9″ W x 25.25″ D (with handle)
Dimension: 34.4″ H x 23.9″ W x 23.5″ D (without handle)
Tip: This is a front-venting unit. Make sure there are no obstacles on your floor blocking the front plate. You want good air circulation for this cooler or any cooling appliances.
Built-in Installation Tips:
- Allow for adequate ventilation space around your beverage center. Allocated 2 ¼” for the back of the unit to the wall.
- First place the fridge in front of the installation location, adjust the leveling feet.
- Next plug in unit to the electrical outlet (behind the cabinet).
- Then push the fridge into position.
Dual temperature zones: This Zephyr fridge has a PreciseTemp™ compressor-base cooling technology and an impressive vibration dampening system.
This model has two individual-controlled cooling zones:
- On the wine compartment (left), it has a temperature range of 40°-65° F.
- On the beverage compartment (right), it has a temperature range of 34°-65° F.
- This model shares the perfect score rating with our featured Allavino FlexCount series for the most quiet compressor-based wine cooler – whisper quiet at 38 dBA (sound decibels perceived by our human ear), and
- It also shares the highest rating with our featured Kalamera built-in series for most consistent temperature cooling retention with near zero fluctuation.
Wooden shelving on the left (wine): This Zephyr has six black wood racks with stainless steel trim. These high-density black wooden shelves are strong and they have moisture repellence property.
These racks are full-extension shelves for easy access to your wine bottles.
You can store a total of 21 standard Bordeaux-size wine bottles on these six racks.
Tip: If you need to pull shelves out of the rail compartment, you want to make sure the door is open at a minimum 90 degrees. Why? Because you don’t want to damage the door or the door gasket.
Glass shelving on the right (beverage): These are slide-out glass shelves – made with beautiful transparent-gray glass with air flow openings.
You can store 18-can on each shelf to give you 54 cans, plus another 10-can capacity in the bottom section – total of 64 cans.
We installed this unit at a design project in Tiburon. The owners use this chamber (right) to store beers at the perfect temperature of 38° F.
Control and Alarm. You can manage the settings using the Electronic Capacitive Touch Controls.
Check out these impressive alarm and control features:
Door Alarm: This feature helps you to close the door when you accidentally left it open for more than 3 minutes.
Sabbath mode: This is an excellent option to observe restrictions on the use of your beverage appliance during Sabbath and Judaism holidays.
- To turn Sabbath mode on, press the Power icon and simultaneously press the Temperature Increase icon twice.
- You will see the interior light and the electronic display go dark.
- The cooler maintains the internal temperature while Sabbath mode is active.
- To turn the Sabbath mode off, you press the Power icon again, and the Temperature Up icon twice at the same time.
PreciseTemp™: This is a Zephyr trade-mark precision technology that uses multiple internal sensors to maintain super accurate temperatures.
Active Cooling Technology: An on-board computer controls active cooling fans to provide temperature stability and even cooling.
Air Filtration System: A built-in carbon filter is a natural barrier to protect your wines against undesirable odors. Tip: If this unit is installed in your kitchen, it is best to replace the carbon filter every quarter. If it is housed in a space with minimum exposure to odor, it is fine to change the filter every 6 months then.
Vibration Dampening System: Less vibration helps to minimize disturbance to your wine.
Interior Lighting. It is wonderful to have options to illuminate your vintage collection. This Zephyr model has a 3-Color LED Lighting available in:
- Cloud white,
- Deep blue,
- Golden amber.
Door Handles. This Zephyr dual zone comes with a pair of contemporary style door handles.
Tip: to install these round towel bars properly:
- Locate the designated holes for the door handle – by pushing aside the door gasket on each side.
- Install the handle tightly on each side with the two included screws, lock washers and flat-washers.
Lock. This wine and beverage fridge does not have a lock. From a design perspective, the absent of a lock element is on-point for a seamless surface.
Warranty. This expensive Zephyr wine and beverage cooler comes with an impressive warranty of 5 years compressor, 2-year parts and 1 year labor.
Summary. This Zephyr Presrv 24-inch wine and beverage Cooler (view on Amazon) is impeccably designed from the award winning Zephyr team. The design elements represent both form and function – seamless and thoughtful. The premium materials such as 304-grade stainless steel, and dual-pane low-e Argon-filled glass are the best in class.
This wine and beverage combo is one of the most quiet and most accurate temperature retention models in the market today. It has a vibration dampening system controlled by an on-board computer. It uses multiple internal sensors to help maintaining an accurate temperature.
This gorgeous Zephyr earns our vote for the most beautiful 24-inch wide wine and beverage cooler.
Check out our complete list of top-rated under-counter wine and beverage coolers.