We must confess – we didn’t know Frigidaire makes wine coolers until we saw this sleek-looking wine cooler at our great uncle Alfred’s home earlier this year.
- Holds up to 38 Wine Bottles: Holds up to 38 wine bottles for maximum storage of your...
- Two Temperature Zones: Store red, white, and sparkling wines separately to ensure each is...
- Reversible Door Swing Option: Door can be installed to open left or right based on your...
- Precision Electronic Temperature Control w/ LED Digital Display: Set temperature anywhere...
We learnt from Uncle Alfred that Frigidaire made the very first self-contained refrigerator more than 100 years ago! Uncle Alfred also told us that his Frigidaire 38-bottle keeps the set temperature accurately all the time. So, this review is a shout-out to our Uncle Alfred in North Carolina!
Model: Frigidaire FFWC3822QS 38-bottle wine cooler
Type: Free-standing only, compressor wine cooler
Dimension: 34″H x 21 1/2″ W x 22 3/8″D (without handle)
Dimension: 34″H x 21 1/2″W x 24 1/2″D (with handle)
This Frigidaire model is designed to be a free-standing installation only. Make sure you have at least three inches clearances on all sides and the top.
Tip: Install your wine cooler in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space. Do not house your cooler next to heat-producing appliances like an oven or a dishwasher.
Capacity and design: This Frigidaire 38-bottle wine cooler has black cabinet and stainless steel frame. It has a tinted glass door and natural-stained wooden shelves. This model has a horizontal door handle. Yes, the handle is top-mounted – a unique contemporary design, compared to the common side-mounted door handles in most wine coolers in the market today.
Wood shelving: This Frigidaire has five slide-out natural-stained wood shelves. You get a maximum of 38-bottle storage capacity – standard Bordeaux-size bottles.
Great use of the bottom shelves for your bigger size bottles.
The lighter color natural-stained wood looks cohesive with lighter wood decors. It gives an airy and relax vibe – kind of like Uncle Alfred’s beach house.
Dual temperature zones and digital temperature control:
This Frigidaire 38-bottle wine cooler has a dual zone cooling system. 41°-54° F in the upper zone, 55°-64° F degree in the lower zone.
Dual-zone allows you to set two separate temperature zones for your red and white vintages. Or, you can set one zone for long-term storage; another zone for ready-to-serve temperature.
The Electronic Temperature Control is intuitive to use. It allows you to easily manage the set temperatures and the interior light switch.
According to our Uncle Alfred, this Frigidaire manages the set temperature perfectly. We are not surprised by its excellent cooling system – as Frigidaire was the pioneer in self-contained refrigerators some hundred plus years ago.
Reversible Door and leveling legs: This Frigidaire 38-bottle has a reversible door. This useful feature gives you options to have your door swing to the right or the left. Please read the manufacturer’s manual before you change the door swing – follow their installation steps to get a perfect fit.
This unit is a free-standing installation. Make sure there is a two to three inches spaces on all sides and the top. Good air ventilation is a good friend to your Frigidaire.
Tip: Have a carpenter’s level handy. Level your Frigidaire from front to back. Adjust the leveling in the front about half-bubble higher. Why? The half-bubble helps the door to close easily when it’s left half opened.
LED light: This Frigidaire 38-bottle unit comes with a bright interior LED light. You can turn it on or off using the electronic control panel.
Security lock: This Frigidaire 38-bottle unit has a built-in lock.
Warranty: This unit comes standard with a 1-year manufacturer warranty by Frigidaire.
Summary: This Frigidaire FFWC3822QS 38-Bottle wine cooler (view on Amazon) is a free-standing model with 38-bottle capacity. It has a front-top-mounted door handle and a reversible door.
This Frigidaire is low maintenance – it is frost-free and it uses static condenser.
This Frigidaire is a dual-zone: 41°-54° F in the upper zone, 55°-64° F degree in the lower zone. Frigidaire has been a pioneer in self-contained refrigerator for over a century – they know how to make precise cooling system. This Frigidaire keeps its set-temperature accurately.
This Frigidaire wine cooler is easy to use with an intuitive temperature control. It has five slide-out natural-stained wood shelves; bottom shelves can easily accommodate bigger diameter bottles.
If you are gathering a list of top-rated 36+ bottle wine coolers in your comparison shopping, include this Frigidaire unit on your list of evaluation.
Comparable model: Kalamera KRC-52ASS 50-bottle wine cooler
Both Frigidaire 38-bottle and Kalamera 50-bottle are premium free-standing wine fridges. Both have similar dimensions, wooden shelves, quality built and handsome design.
- If you like a front-side mounted door handle, go for the Kalamera.
- If your preference is a top-mounted door handle, choose the Frigidaire.
- Frigidaire FFWC3822QS 38-bottle is a dual-zone unit. You have two separately controlled temperature zones. 41°-54° F in the upper section, 55°-64° F degree in the lower segment.
- Kalamera KRC-52ASS 50-bottle wine cooler is a single zone model with a temperature range of 40°F-66°F. Read our review on Kalamera 50-bottle freestanding wine cooler..
- If your collection is primarily red or white, a single zone will suffice. Kalamera 50-bottle is a great choice.
- If your inventory is half Sparkling wine and half Cabernet Sauvignon, you want a dual-zone unit. Most Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot are best kept at 64°F, Chardonnay at 50°F, Sparkling at 40°F. Frigidaire 38-bottle will meet your requirements better.