- TEMPERATURE STABILITY - Schmecke wine coolers’ compressor technology ensures temperature is not affected by...
- PRESERVE WINE’S FULLEST FLAVOR & AROMA - Set the temperature and let the wine cooler do the rest. With a...
- UV-RESISTANT DOUBLE-PANED THERMOPANE GLASS - A double-paned glass door not only keeps the interior insulated,...
- SOFT INTERIOR LIGHTING - Turn on the energy-efficient LED light to gently illuminate your collection. Say...
This 34-bottle black wine refrigerator is part of the Schmecke’s freestanding product-line released in late summer 2020. By the spring of 2021, four models from this series (34-bottle, 24-bottle, 18-bottle and 12-bottle) have made it to the top 15 list in the freestanding category.
Brand: SCHMÉCKÉ 34-bottle SHMFWCC341LB wine cooler (Right Hinge)
Installation: Free-standing only.
Temperature: Single zone, 41°F-64°F (5°C-18°C), powered by an effective compressor.
Dimension: 18.7″ W x 17.3″ D x 33.1″ H (recessed handle)
Form Design: This Schmecke model has an all-black exterior smooth finish. It has a modern-looking black smoke-glass door. When you are standing in front of this unit, there are no protruding part – thanks to the recessed door handle design.
Double-pane glass door. This beautiful smoke-glass door is made of sturdy two-layer tempered glass. It helps to block UV light which is harmful to vintages.
The tight-seal helps to keep the door close properly, and locks out moisture.
Weight: 50.7 lbs. (23 kg)
Rated Power: 90 watts
Ozone-friendly and climate-friendly. This fridge uses CFC-free solid polyurethane foam insulation.
- This 34-bottle Schmecke fridge is a rear-venting unit – designed for stand-alone installation only. It is not configured for built-in installation.
- This is a right-hinge model. The door is not reversible. Check the direction of the door swing when choosing the location to house this unit.
- Before you plug-in this unit, let it stand upright for three hours.
- Use the leveling legs included in the box to allow for ground clearance (for adequate ventilation).
Capacity: In terms of storage configuration, it can accommodate 30 standard bottles (750ml) on the top six shelves, and 4 bottles at the bottom compartment. Total capacity is 34 bottles.
Rack material and design: The chrome shelves are removable. You have the flexibility to store bigger size bottles by detaching a rack.
Noise level: 36 dBA. This is one of quietest refrigeration models on the market.
Single temperature zone: This Schmecke fridge has a wide temperature range of 41°-64° F. It has a powerful compressor engine and a built-in internal fan to maintain a consistent interior temperature.
Tip: : Choose 55°-65° F for your red vintages, 49°- 58° F for your white and sparkling wine. If you are storing both red and white, consider setting the interior temperature to 55° F to accommodate both vintages.
Easy Touch Temperature Control. The control panel is located on the door. Yes, you don’t have to open the door to change or set the interior temperature.
Simply manage the temperature or the interior light by tapping the LCD display. Touch the lock icon on the panel to lock in your settings.
Interior Light: This 34-bottle cooler has the energy-efficient LED lights. You can turn on or off the soft light via the touch control on the door.Fun notes:
- Did you know – SCHMÉCKÉN in German means taste good.
- About 34. Have you been to the two-mile long 34th street in Manhattan? The Empire State Building is located on 34th street and Fifth Avenue.
Integrated Lock: If you have young children, you can secure your vintages in this lockable unit. It comes with two keys.
Warranty. This Schmecke 34-bottle wine cooler comes with 1-year limited warranty by the manufacturer Schmecke.
Summary: This Schmecke 34-bottle wine cooler (Right Hinge)(view on Amazon) is functional, beautiful and affordable. It has a wide temperature range of 41°F-64°F, dual-pane glass door, easy-to-use digital control, removable racks, recessed handle, and auto defrost.
If you prefer smoke glass and black exterior, this freestanding unit is a great choice.
Comparable Model: Schmecke 34-Bottle vs. Whynter 34-Bottle vs. ROVSUN 34-bottle wine fridge
All three 34-bottle units, SCHMÉCKÉ, Whynter and ROVSUN, are popular stand-alone single-zone models.
In terms of similar features: each wine fridge has 6 removable shelves, external touch digital controls, air-tight seal around the door frame, dual-pane glass door, interior LED lights and adjustable feet to ensure proper leveling.
- Go for the SCHMÉCKÉ: if you prefer as a black smoke glass door, wire racks and a recessed door-handle. Schmecke has an all-back exterior. It has a temperature range of 41°F-64°F.
- Choose Whynter: if you prefer stainless steel door frame, wooden shelves and a towel-bar handle. Whynter has a display shelf to show case your choice-of-bottles of your collection. It has a temperature range of 39°F-65°F.
- Opt for ROVSUN: if you are want a clear glass door, chrome racks and a recessed door-handle. It has a temperature range of 41°F-64°F. ROVSUN is the most affordable unit among these three models. Note that ROVSUN does not have a lock – whereas both SCHMÉCKÉ and Whynter are lockable units. ROVSUN’s logo is bigger than most – it is located at the bottom of the glass door.
If you would like to consider other 30-36 capacity models, check out our featured list of the similar capacity wine storage options.